أضف رد جديد
علي عجب
مشاركات: 470
اشترك في: الاثنين مايو 09, 2005 5:48 pm

Against Salah Bandar against religious terror

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

https://ex-muslim.org.uk/2013/08/protect-nahla-mahmoud/

ضد صلاح البندر ضد التكفير والارهاب الديني

Following an interview on Channel 4 on Sharia law, Islamists have threatened Sudanese secular campaigner and Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain Spokesperson Nahla Mahmoud with death, calling her a ‘Kafira’ and ‘Murtada’ who has offended Islam and brought “fitnah”. The threats have been reported to the police who have closed the case and advised that nothing could be done.

We the undersigned are extremely concerned about the safety of Nahla and that of her family in Sudan. We ask the authorities to investigate the threats made particularly by Mr Salah Al Bandar.

Nahla writes: “I am most concerned with the harassment by Mr. Salah Al Bandar. Not only is he endangering my health and sense of safety and security in the UK, but he is also organising against me back in Sudan in ways that are potentially very dangerous for both myself and my family. As a consequence, my younger brother has been physically attacked in Sudan, my mother has been seriously threatened and I continue to get threats and have had to endure a number of cyber stalking episodes by Mr Al Bandar
or his associate
s.”
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

After the extensive support shown by the British people to Nahla against the campaign organised
by Salah Al Bander against her and her family back in Sudan, I think it is our responsibility as Sudanese
who support all human right freedoms
to show our support to Nahla and declare our willing to defend every body's right to freedom of belief and expression

please sign the memo on the link bellow

https://ex-muslim.org.uk/2013/08/protect-nahla-mahmoud/
الفاضل الهاشمي
مشاركات: 2281
اشترك في: الاثنين مايو 09, 2005 6:14 pm

مشاركة بواسطة الفاضل الهاشمي »

كل دعمي لنهله وضد الباطريارك الجدد

The struggle over geography is complex and interesting because it is not only about soldiers and cannons but also about ideas, about forms, about images and imaginings
ادوارد سعيد "الثقافة والامبريالية 2004"
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Many thanks ya Fdel Ya Hashmi

As you see Salah Al Bander who thought he is clever enough when he turned his real psychopath personality against his fellow Sudanese in Britain, using Arabic language to shit on himself, while in the same time using English language to sell deceiving Liberal Democrat manner to naive party members in Cambridge . Now he stuck. I'm so delighted to see in the end his reality revealed ...and he understood that he can fool some people some time, but he can't fool all the people all the times
please read through this interesting article

Al Bander posted an article in Arabic on the Sudanese Online website (one of the most widely read sites in Sudan and throughout the Sudanese diaspora). He called her a ‘Kafira’ (unbeliever) who was sowing discord. These are words with consequences — particularly when Al Bander added, ‘I will not forgive anyone who wants to start a battle against Islam and the beliefs of the people…’ After mosques and Sudanese newspapers took up the campaign against her, religious thugs attacked her brother and terrified her mother. Nahla told me she is now ‘very careful when I go out’.

I understand that the Cambridge Liberal Democrats have had an inquiry and decided that Al Bander’s words were misinterpreted. My point is that women like Nahla are being terrified and abused every day in Britain. I have seen Richard Dawkins speak up for them as a matter of honour and a matter of course many times, but have never heard a peep of protest from his opponents.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/features/900 ... -fanatics/
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Salah Al Bander, a leading figure in the Cambridge Liberal Democrats, went for her. (I was going to write, ‘who, surprisingly, is a leading figure in the Cambridge Liberal Democrats’ — but given the Liberal Democrats’ awful attitudes towards women and Jews, nothing they do surprises me any more.)

https://www.spectator.co.uk/features/900 ... -fanatics/
عادل السنوسي
مشاركات: 839
اشترك في: الاثنين مايو 09, 2005 8:54 pm
مكان: Berber/Shendi/Amsterdam

مشاركة بواسطة عادل السنوسي »

Dear Ali , my unequivocal support to Nahla, and my full resentment to the smear campaign led by the neofascistic islamic groups in UK.

I will not forgive anyone who wants to start a battle against Islam and the beliefs of the people

خوفتني والله !!!!

Who is this man ? Is he someone ??
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Who is this man ? Is he someone ??

Slamat Adel
Unfortunately this person has for long time unleashed his psychopathic personality against Sudanese people while claiming to be secular and rights activist..
الفاضل الهاشمي
مشاركات: 2281
اشترك في: الاثنين مايو 09, 2005 6:14 pm

مشاركة بواسطة الفاضل الهاشمي »

الأعزاء عادل وعلي

عندي تحفظ حول منهج الصراع مع وضد ال بندر !!!!

شخصياً اجد حسي السليم (!) يختار منهجاً لإدارة الاختلاف مع فرد يسمي بندر وهو اقرب الى الظاهرة الأبوية والبرجوازية الصغيرة وربما كحالة نفسية اصبحت تطلق نيرانها بشكل مرضي ضد أصدقائه وصديقاته و يقف ،بمرضية، ضد منطق حقوق الإنسان الذي ينطلق منه ... يمكنني ان أوثق الأمثلة من كتاباته انه : يقف ضد مبادئ حقوق الإنسان تجاه المرأة و المثليين والأعراق ؛ نعم بجهوية وعنصرية موثقة فى كتاباته كونه يطرح نفسه كبرلماني وديمقراطي لبرالي يلعب على نموذج التعدد الثقافي Multiculturalism الزائف الذى تطرحه الراسمالية الإمبريالية المعولمة على مستوي فضيحتها مع المهاجرين الاكفاء الشطار فى ورش العمل المختلفة ... كونهم وكونهن برزوا كمعلمين ومعلمات ومنظرين ضمن مشهد ونموذج التعدد الثقافي الزائف الربحي واحرقوا نموذج الامبريالية واللبرالية الجديدة ؛ هؤلاء فوق الفضاء العرقي والمثلي والنوعي او ضنك تعقيده الطبقي ؛؛؛

نحن لا نحتاج الى نموذج بندر الشيزفرونيك اللهم الا على مقاس التعميم والتنظير ...
اقترح ان نتعامل مع ظاهرة كاملة ومنهج مختلف ونترك الشخصنة الا حين نلتمس أمثلة من شخصيات .. غير ذلك سيقترب الجدل من حك شخصي ولن يرتقى الى نقد ثوري مستنير .
( نحن ازاء من يتسمي باسم عروبوي ممتاز فى ظنه ... اال بندر ال !!! دون اهله واشقائه الرائعين الذين هم أصحابي وافتخر بعلاقتى معهم)

أقفلوا اى نقاش شخصي ومشخصن مع بندر ودا اخر كلام أقوله عنه كونه لا يستحق وهو يسيئ لفلانة وفلان وعلان والملاوطي ( نعم والله خطابه الذكوري ينتمي بامتياز الى مرحلة المهدية الاولي !!!) وهو يفتقد الحساسية الانسانية مما جميعها فبالله يارفاق أجندة دموية حارة اهم من هذا الشخص اللهم الا كظاهرة وبس.... بطرفنا أطفال الكهوف والمعسكرات والفيضانات ...

ماناقصين يا أهل ... فضوها سيرة الى حين ... خلوه للغو وعدم الحساسية الجندرية والجنسية والجنسانية والجهوية والنفسية
Who cares.?

قوموا الى مقاومات الدم والتشظي اليومية التى تقض مضاجعنا ... غير كدا اضربوه صاح فى منهجية تقودنا الى الوجع الاعظم ... او اتركوه لكن سياتي يوم تاتي شاطرة تزرزر راجل المرتين وتنجضه فكرياً لله والرسول ؛ نجاض من ذات منهج منبر حقوق الإنسان والمرأة والمعاقين والمثليين التى بنى عليها عويش مجده الزائف واستخفافه بذات منهجه !!!

The struggle over geography is complex and interesting because it is not only about soldiers and cannons but also about ideas, about forms, about images and imaginings
ادوارد سعيد "الثقافة والامبريالية 2004"
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Slamat ya Hasmi
I agree with you that Salah Albander is just a suck, but still he deserve -as a phenomenon and a person- to be rigorously studied,you have just said now he tends to show in some occasions homophobic attitude,(when he use the Arabic language) however, you will be amazed if you read him writing about tolerance and modernity in English language. Any way I just aim to reveal to those he was able to fool, his inconsistency and they who have to judge .

https://www.sudaneseonline.com/cgi-bin/s ... 1222802626
Have a look at this letter sent to him by Liz and to the campaign he launched against Amnesty
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Salah Albander after calling Nahla KAFIRA and Murtada ,when questioned publicly start telling the British people that he tolerate ex-Muslim

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambrid ... 060000.htm

Cambridge Liberal Democrat Salah Al Bander refutes sharia law claims
Written byCHRIS HAVERGAL

Salah Al Bander
Salah Al Bander
A leading Liberal Democrat whose writings about a former Muslim are the subject of an online campaign has said he “totally refutes” the allegations against him.

Hundreds of people have signed an online petition condemning Salah Al Bander, who represented Trumpington on Cambridge City Council until 2011, following several posts on the Sudanese Online website about Nahla Mahmoud.

Ms Mahmoud, who like Dr Al Bander is of Sudanese heritage, is an atheist who criticised her upbringing under sharia law and became a leading figure in a group called the British Council of Ex-Muslims.

She said she faced intimidation after she was criticised in posts by Dr Al Bander, which were picked up in media and mosques in Sudan. Afterwards, her brother was allegedly attacked.

But Dr Al Bander said he had been “utterly misrepresented”.

He told the News: “I totally refute these allegations made against me. These allegations stem from a gross distortion of my writing which has been utterly misrepresented and I will work to secure a retraction and full apology.

“I have dedicated my life to individual human rights, challenging, countering and campaigning against the very behaviour of which I am being accused. I was founder of the Sudan Human Rights Campaign and a founder member of the Sudan Organisation Against Torture.

“I abhor and condemn the persecution of both religious believers and non-believers, and consider that individuals have an absolute right to change their beliefs or non-beliefs, as they personally see fit and without outside interference.”

One suggestion is that Dr Al Bander’s words were mistaken during translation from Arabic to English.

An investigation by Cambridge Liberal Democrats cleared Dr Al Bander of any wrongdoing.

Spencer Hagard, who chairs the party in the city, said: “Having looked as fully as possible into the background of the complaints and accusations made against Dr Salah Al Bander at great length and in the greatest possible depth and having examined extensive material he has provided to me, I believe these allegations are groundless.”

Dr Al Bander came to Britain after he was arrested and deported from Bahrain when he exposed a political scandal in 2006.
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Avery interesting comment rejecting his refute as what he said is very clear

Register To Comment | Lost Password ?
These comments are not moderated. Please report any messages which do not comply with our terms and conditions by clicking the report abuse button.

First
Previous
Next
Last
catchercradle
30/08/2013 18:23
The Koran is not a moderate book but then neither is much of the Bible. I have known many Muslims for whom Dr Al Bander's comments would be totally unacceptable as quoted by Mattblack. I don't have regular face to face contact with them now as they don't live in Cambridge so I do not have the luxury of being able to check the translation from their point of view.

Mattblack
30/08/2013 14:34
I have been following this story with interest since my chosen life partner tweeted the link. It raises many questions about moderate Islamic groups and infiltration by apparently secular Muslims(?) . I checked the quotes attributed to Al Bandar...though Google translation is not perfect,one paragraph is revealing...“I will not forgive anyone who wants to start a battle against Islam and the beliefs of the people…”, “Be aware of this ‘fitna’ and I know who is behind it and I will never have any mercy on her here…”, “I will have no tolerance for anyone here who talks about freedom of belief or freedom of thought or any of the other clichés…” This whole thread was translated by an Arab and his opinion was: " I can confirm that the translated quotes attributed to Al-Bandar are accurate. However, whilst he uses what would appear to be inflammatory language, he never crosses the line into inciting Nahla’s murder for apostasy or writes anything else actionable" It seems that the Lib Dems in their rush to appear achingly PC have allowed someone into the party who tells his audience what they want to hear(!). This also raises the subject of the 'moderate' Muslim...my thoughts on this subject have changed over time to the point where i believe that this animal is a fiction. Too often we are deafened by the silence of these groups which purport to oppose the Jihadists ,yet these are the people that attend the mosques and invite Imans to preach hate against Jews,apostates and Homosexuals And require their children to attend classes on the Koran to further indoctrinate a new generation. I have read the Koran,and it is not a book of moderation...In fact the extremists are on firmer ground than the so called moderates,which are deceivers to both camps.

winkle79
30/08/2013 14:19
"She said she faced intimidation after she was criticised in posts by Dr Al Bander" Maybe she should direct her anger at those who have 'intimidated' (whatever that means, we do not know, but we have to go on Mr Hagards conclusion) her, rather than, it seems, attempting to violate Mr Al Bander's right to free speech.

anon123
30/08/2013 11:20
Well said Ferryman. we shouldn't allow people to stand to represent the people when they have been in the country for such a short period of time. We also shouldnt grant citizenship to people until they have demonstrated a long term commitment and willingness to fully integrate to the UK - MINIMUM 10 years.

Ferryman
30/08/2013 09:32
"Cambridge Liberal Democrat Salah Al Bander"... you voted for this candidate, you didn't waste your vote - did you? When will people wise up and
wake up?
عادل السنوسي
مشاركات: 839
اشترك في: الاثنين مايو 09, 2005 8:54 pm
مكان: Berber/Shendi/Amsterdam

مشاركة بواسطة عادل السنوسي »

أحسنت القول في تقديري يا صديقي الهاشمي ..

في ما يخصني شخصياً : لست في صراع مع السيد البندر ، فأنا لا أعرفه و لا ( يلمني ) به اي شيئ، ولم أسمع عنه الا عبر الوسائط الألكترونية الحديثة - انترنت علي وجه التحديد - و كنت اود فقط تسجيل تضامني مع السيدة / الآنسة نهلة ، وحقها To break away from Islam, if she wanted كما لفت نظري من ارسال الأخ العجب العبارة التي أوردها علي لسان البندر - و لونتها انا بالأحمر : سوف لن اتسامح مع ... I will not forgive anyone who wants to start a battle against Islam and the beliefs of the people’ ... التي ذكرتني بعبارات سيئ الذكر - رئيس الإتحاد الإشتراكي_ القائد الملهم السابق - النميري مثل : سنضرب بيد من حديد علي كل الخونة والمارقين / سندق الإسفين الأخير في نعش المعارضة / سنرد كيد الحاقدين و المرجفين ... الخ. و بما اني اصنف نفسي ضمن ( المرجفين في المدينة ) فحق علي الخوف من العبارة البندرية الإرهابية المذكورة آنفاً ، ... يا تري ماذا ينوي ان يفعل المستر البندر مع امثال هؤلاء ؟ وفي كل الأحوال :

ما الضير الذي يصيب المؤمن ( الفالح ) من إلحاد ، أو ( إرجاف ) أو ( مروق و حقد) شخص ، أو زولة ما ؟ ذلك هوالسؤال ..... ؟
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Nahla Mahmood: The reaction to her appreance on Channel 4's "4Thought" demonstrates why people are reluctant to criticise Islam

Imagine it: A woman, who happens to be a Muslim, goes to the police to complain that she has received threatening messages on Facebook (including pictures which clearly identify her) and these threats are based on the fact that she is a Muslim — she's being threatened because she is a Muslim. Now imagine that the police tell her that they would approach the antagonist but it might make him "angrier".

Now imagine that she is told "well, as a Muslim you must expect this kind of thing; just keep your Muslimness to yourself and you'll have no problem".

Finally, let's imagine that the person behind the threats is a "pro-democracy" campaigner and former Liberal Democrat councillor. The Muslim woman complains to the Liberal Democrats in Cambridge (where the "pro-democracy" campaigner held his seat), and its chair Spencer Hagard tells her that an inquiry in to the matter has "significantly increased my previously high esteem for him".

Do you think this would happen?

Change the details a bit and you have the disgraceful treatment of the brave Sudanese ex-Muslim and campaigner Nahla Mahmoud.

Nahla is a 26 year old Sudanese student who came to Britain in 2010 to escape what she describes as the "hell" of living as an atheist woman in an Islamic state. Following an appearance on Channel 4's 4Thought programme, where she described her shock at discovering the proliferation of Islamic sharia law here in the UK, Nahla was threatened and her family abused. The response she received to her complaints would demonstrate to Nahla what I and many others have long known: if you criticise Islam, you've got to be prepared for the fall-out.

It was in January of this year that the remarks about Nahla first began to appear online. Mr Salah Al-Bandar, director of the Sudan Civic Foundation, posted an article in Arabic on the Sudanese Online website — a site widely read both in Sudan and among its diaspora — denouncing Nahla as a "kafira" who had started a "battle against Islam and the beliefs of the people". He went on to say he would "never have any mercy on her here". Anyone who knows anything about this kind of Islamist ideology knows that this constitutes a threat; in most Islamic states, insulting Islam carries the death penalty. This did not end with words; Nahla's brother in Sudan has been physically attacked, and her mother threatened.

This situation is dire enough, and Nahla's story is rightly receiving coverage but what is not being discussed as it should be is the response, or lack of it, from the police and the Liberal Democrats.

Let's start with the Lib Dems. Following a complaint to the chair of Cambridge branch of the party, an investigation was undertaken. Mr Al-Bandar received a letter requesting his side of the story, which he promptly supplied. In it, he argued that he had been fighting such behaviour (i.e. threats) throughout his political life; he wrote at length about his history of support for women's rights, freedom of thought, and "empowering disadvantaged communities". On the screen-shots containing his threats to Nahla, he had nothing to say except "that it bears no relation to the truth". He did not explain how the Facebook postings came in to being. He simply repeated "I am wonderful" and this was deemed to be enough. Not only enough, but according to Hagard, Al Bandar was now even more wonderful than previously thought. Nahla was dismissed.

With support from the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain Nahla also took her complaint to the police. The investigation has since been closed; it is unclear why. They did offer to speak to Mr Al-Bandar but with a warned Nahla that "you may just make him angrier". Would the police give the same response to a woman complaining of Islamophobic threats? I very much doubt it. On the question of whether threats to an ex-Muslim constitute a hate crime, the police told Nahla that this was a "grey area" and thus best left alone.

https://standpointmag.co.uk/features-onl ... ourthought

As someone who has also received threats for my criticisms of Islam, and had my complaints dismissed — "what did you expect?" — I am fully aware of the prevalence of such responses. A friend recently suggested to me that the police are in effect enforcing sharia law by stealth. This is no as ridiculous as it sounds. In Islamic societies, insults to Islam can result in death. One way or another, one is highly likely to be severely punished. The police in this case gave a strong message to Nahla, and to anyone else who might be tempted to commit the heinous offence of criticising or dismissing the religion of Islam: you'll be punished, we won't help, and you probably deserve it anyway.

I have written before on the impossible position of the police on issues such as these. Individual officers are in a lose-lose situation and must worry about vexatious and bogus accusations of racism. These accusations work — they have the desired effect and we routinely read of people losing their livelihoods for any perceived sleight on Islam. Look at the dinner lady sacked for almost accidentally serving pork to a child, or the headmaster in Bradford forced from his job for wanting pupils to learn English. Add to this the numerous arrests for offensive Tweets, Facebook messages, and of an 85 year old for shouting outside a mosque and the message is crystal clear: sharia is here and you must obey. If you don't, and you suffer because of it, you have only yourself
to blame
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

More on the case of Nahla Mahmoud
Sarah AB, September 2nd 2013, 7:43 pm

Anne Marie Waters provides an update here about the case of Nahla Mahmoud, a Sudanese ex-Muslim. To recap, it was alleged that a Liberal Democrat councillor in Cambridge made inflammatory comments about her which may not technically constitute threats or incitement but which, considering the context in which his views will be heard, could certainly be seen as reckless:

“I will not forgive anyone who wants to start a battle against Islam and the beliefs of the people…”, “Be aware of this ‘fitna’ and I know who is behind it and I will never have any mercy on her here…”, “I will have no tolerance for anyone here who talks about freedom of belief or freedom of thought or any of the other clichés…”

Waters asserts that the police have implied that it is Nahla Mahmoud’s responsibility to avoid antagonising her critics. She also reports violent attacks on Nahla’s family in Sudan:

This did not end with words; Nahla’s brother in Sudan has been physically attacked, and her mother threatened.

The police cannot (I assume) take action against someone who is expressing forceful opinions but not breaking the law, so it is perhaps the (alleged) response of the Lib Dems which is the most significant point here:

Let’s start with the Lib Dems. Following a complaint to the chair of Cambridge branch of the party, an investigation was undertaken. Mr Al-Bandar received a letter requesting his side of the story, which he promptly supplied. In it, he argued that he had been fighting such behaviour (i.e. threats) throughout his political life; he wrote at length about his history of support for women’s rights, freedom of thought, and “empowering disadvantaged communities”. On the screen-shots containing his threats to Nahla, he had nothing to say except “that it bears no relation to the truth”.

Al Bander has responded indignantly to the allegations against him, and done so in a way which appears to offer a vigorous and unequivocal commitment to freedom of thought:

One suggestion is that Dr Al Bander’s words were mistaken during translation from Arabic to English.

“I abhor and condemn the persecution of both religious believers and non-believers, and consider that individuals have an absolute right to change their beliefs or non-beliefs, as they personally see fit and without outside interference.

An investigation by Cambridge Liberal Democrats cleared Dr Al Bander of any wrongdoing.

Spencer Hagard, who chairs the party in the city, said: “Having looked as fully as possible into the background of the complaints and accusations made against Dr Salah Al Bander at great length and in the greatest possible depth and having examined extensive material he has provided to me, I believe these allegations are groundless.”

Here is Shlomo’s original take on this matter:

Having skimmed through most of the thread (it’s pretty long!), I can confirm that the translated quotes attributed to al-Bandar are accurate. However, whilst he uses what would appear to be inflammatory language, he never crosses the line into inciting Nahla’s murder for apostasy or writes anything else actionable, as far as I can see.

Any further clarification would be
welcome.

https://hurryupharry.org/2013/09/02/more ... qus_thread
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Al Bandar may think the usual double speak of saying one thing to an Arabic-speaking audience and another to an English-speaking one will suffice as a defence as it clearly has for Hagard. Nonetheless, we insist on a proper investigation.

https://ex-muslim.org.uk/2013/09/update- ... a-mahmoud/
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Featured / Press Releases:

https://ex-muslim.org.uk/2013/09/update- ... a-mahmoud/

September 4, 2013
Update on the threat against Nahla Mahmoud
nahlaAs you know, following an interview on Channel 4 on Sharia law, Islamists threatened Sudanese secular campaigner and Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain Spokesperson Nahla Mahmoud with death, calling her a “Kafira” and “Murtada” who has offended Islam and brought “fitnah”. One of those making the threats was Salah al Bandar (or Salah al Bander) who has until recently been a Liberal Democrat Councillor.

Spencer Hagard, Chair of the Cambridge Liberal Democrats, initiated an investigation into the allegations against al Bandar and found them “groundless”. Instead, he said the inquiry “increased [his] previously high esteem for” al Bandar. This despite the fact that an independent translation was not carried out by the Lib Dems to verify the threats made nor was any of the documented threats made against Nahla Mahmoud addressed other than to say that the quotes were a “gross distortion”, and “utterly misrepresented”. See article on this here.

Kafir(a) and Murtad(a) are well known derogatory terms meaning infidel and apostate; moreover, fitnah is another derogatory term against disobedient women who are seen to be the source of chaos or affliction in society. Given that apostasy is punishable by death in ten countries including Sudan, and a prosecutable offence in many more, the terms can hardly be considered positive and open to distortion.

Rather than addressing the specific threats made against Nahla Mahmoud, al Bandar mentions his “dedicat[ion] to individual human rights”, including with organisations like Sudan Organisation Against Torture (SOAT).

The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain finds this wholly unacceptable and calls on the Lib Dems to provide a detailed response with regards the complaint against al Bandar. His questionable “human rights” record is irrelevant and can hardly be used in his defence.

SOAT, the group al Bandar cites as proof of his commitment to human rights, has in fact had problems with him. Founding members of the organisation wrote a letter in September 2008 saying that the board of trustees headed by al Bandar was acting “opposite to its vision and values.” They went on to say: “we have serious concerns and doubts about the constituency and legitimacy of the current board of trustees of the organisation. We believe that the election procedure of the board was inappropriate, lacked transparency and equal opportunities to participate. In fact it has been manipulated. As a result, we have explained and informed the UK Charity Commission of the current situation.” The letter can be seen here.

In another open letter to Salah al Bandar in August 2008, a number of human rights organisations and activists wrote about the “distressing attempts to undermine organisations and activists” in Sudan, including actions “not in line with the values of the human rights movement”, such as “failure to pay financial remuneration to staff and volunteers” and the “campaign of unfair dismissals against the organisations’ human rights defenders”, which according to the letter “violates the core principles of the rights for which we are still working”. The letter can be found here: Pages 1-2, Pages 3-4.

Liz Hodgkin, the previous head of Amnesty International’s Sudan section, refused to receive an award from SOAT in August 2008, for reasons explained in a letter to Salah al Bandar. “I felt very honoured when I was told I had a prize from SOAT in honour of Nazik Mohammed Osman, since I admired so greatly Nazik Osman and enormously respect the past work of SOAT. However, since the public announcement … I understand that there are deep problems within the organization between the Board of Trustees and the workers and activists on the ground in the Khartoum Centre for Human Rights and Environmental Development in Khartoum. I have no wish and no right to make a pronouncement as to the rights and wrongs of the conflict between staff members and the board of trustees of the Sudan Organization Against Torture. However, I feel that in a situation of such division you should not now be awarding a prize in honour of Nazik Osman Mahmoud and I am not able to accept such a prize.” She added: “A human rights organization has to be especially careful to maintain the human rights of those who work for it and with it.”

Furthermore, that same year, al Bandar used personal information obtained from Bashair Ahmed’s employee file at SOAT to intervene in her case against Amnesty International regarding race discrimination. Bashair issued a public letter to al Bandar saying: “I don’t know you nor know why you decided to pick up on my case and target the organisation in a way which seems personal and doubting the credibility and overall commitment of the organisation toward human rights. Your invasion to my personal and family life, without permission, collecting information and posting it around – including many untrue details- have complicated my personal and professional life and created serious concerns among many family members. You have also used your position as the head of SOAT, which I used to work at long time before you were hired, to access confidential and personal information from my folder there. I would like to remind you here that this could be considered as a crime according to the UK Data Protection Act 1998, which the organisation is signed up to.”

Another organisation, the Sudanese Communist Party/UK and Ireland branch, of which Al Bandar was a member, issued a statement on 17 January 2012 saying al Bandar has “used many different mechanisms including lying, spying, manipulating, black-mailing, and doubting the credibility and commitment of many members of the Communist Party”.

The statement said al Bandar used three main approaches in doing this, namely “targeting the work and members of the Sudanese Communist Party in the UK”, and “divid[ing], creat[ing] conflicts on both political and social levels among the diaspora opposition and its networks especially in the UK.” His third approach was “destroying Sudanese human rights’ organisations. Especially those which investigate and document human rights abuses and violations of the current government in order to take further legal actions. The ‘Sudanese organisation for Human Rights’ is one example where he accused its general secretary Abd Alsalam Hassan and other members of fraud. He handed out a statement at the same day of the organisation’s AGM concluding so. His statement was dismissed after the actual financial report was presented. Another example was creating conflicts and destroying- along with others- the work of the ‘Sudanese Organisation Against Torture (SOAT)’/ UK, which used to play a significant role through its partner organisations in Sudan, in documenting torture cases, leading trials and putting international pressure on the Sudanese government under the increasing violations and abuses in Sudan.”

The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain calls on the Lib Dems to address the documented evidence of al Bandar’s threats rather than listing his questionable human rights record.

Al Bandar may think the usual double speak of saying one thing to an Arabic-speaking audience and another to an English-speaking one will suffice as a defence as it clearly has for Hagard. Nonetheless, we insist on a proper investigation.

Moreover, when approached by Nahla Mahmoud, the police said that nothing could be done and that Nahla should try not to “anger” al Bandar any further. The CEMB reiterates its call on the police to take the matter of threats against Nahla Mahmoud and ex-Muslims seriously and to take action to protect her.

Hundreds of individuals and groups have already signed on to an open letter calling for the authorities to take action. You (and/or your organisation) can read more about the specific threats made by al Bandar and sign the open letter here.

As can be expected, this issue had hardly been covered by the mainstream media other than by Nick Cohen in the Spectator and Anne Marie Waters in Standpoint magazine.

For more information on the above, please contact Nahla Mahmoud or Maryam Namazie at [email protected].
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

Contrary to Salah Albander calaim that he is founder of Sudan Human Rights Organisation, this document shows he was dismissed from the organisation for misconduct, lying and fabricating
[web]https://www.sudan-forall.org/files/vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg[/web]
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

صورة
آخر تعديل بواسطة علي عجب في الخميس سبتمبر 26, 2013 8:36 pm، تم التعديل 3 مرات في المجمل.
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

صورة
علي عجب

مشاركة بواسطة علي عجب »

https://ex-muslim.org.uk/2013/09/nahla/

Statement on the takfir campaign against activist Nahla Mahmoud
Nahla Mahmoud MCU

Below is a statement by several Sudanese rights activists against Salah Al Bandar’s takfir campaign against Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain spokesperson Nahla Mahmoud. Takfir is an originally Arabic word that literally means pronouncement of unbelief against someone; it is similar to the ecclesiastical concept of ‘excommunication’. Takfir in Islam is a justification for capital punishment.

Drawing on our belief of and responsibility towards defending all rights and freedoms, and based on our principled position towards supporting the freedoms of expression and belief, as two basic rights for every human being and as well as our stance on supporting the fundamental right to life and personal security, we, the undersigned, would like to declare our solidarity with Nahla Mahmoud in the face of the takfir/death threats and intimidation campaign being orchestrated by Mr. Salah Al Bandar against her. We also call on the British authorities to protect Nahla and put an end to the violation by Mr. Al Bandar of her right to life and personal security as well as her rights of belief and freedom of expression, and to obligate him to stop intimidating her and her family in Sudan.

We have been following the takfir campaign orchestrated by Al Bander against Sudanese activist, Nahla Mahmoud, following her appearance on channel four regarding Sharia law implementation in the UK. Since the broadcast, he has been intimidating her and her family and relatives in Sudan, where radical Islamists control power and enforce laws in which apostasy is punishable by the death penalty, pursuant to Article 126 of the Sudanese Criminal Law of 1991. He used Sudanese discussion forums as well as the Sudanese media to further the aims of his campaign.

We are also deeply concerned about the Metropolitan Police response to the complaints against Salah Al Bandar that were raised by Nahla Mahmoud. The police claimed that they see no eminent threat, and that investigating Al Bandar over this issue might make him ‘angrier’ and push him to persistently continue his acts. However, we do believe that Nahla was right in taking this matter seriously by seeking the help of state institutions to protect her, as we know for a fact that takfir is one of the most dangerous threats to the life of any person who is targeted by radical Islamists. Takfir is in essence a call to kill and pronouncing someone as a kafir/a, Murtad/a – which are well known derogatory terms meaning infidel and apostate- is widely viewed in Muslim societies as a call to radical Muslims and terrorists to kill that person. We are convinced beyond doubt that the tactics used by Al Bandar in contacting the Sudanese media are inflaming the situation, attracting more attention to her and her family and endangering her life and security. Also, Mr. Al Bander’s publications of her pictures, family pictures, and the pictures of other Sudanese activists connected with Nahla Mahmoud on the web accompanied with the accusations of a conspiracy against Islam is tantamount to incitement to murder. Therefore, we respectfully request that the Metropolitan Police reconsider the way they dealt with this serious matter.

We have also been aware of the UK Liberal Democratic Party investigation in response to the complaint submitted by Nahla Mahmoud against Salah Al Bandar, who was a former Lib-Dem Councillor and currently a party member within Cambridge. Al Bandar defended himself arguing that his words have been misinterpreted, although he did not deny using the words kafira and Murtada. As Arabic native speakers, we do confirm that Al Bandar’s claims of misinterpretation are utterly false and incorrect. His statements online in some websites and his interviews in the Sudanese media are a serious threat that puts Nahla’s life at risk considering their meaning and concepts within the Islamic context. The Lib-Dem should have asked Al Bander to specifically explain the words he used and address the actual statements he made against Nahla rather than providing a bogus human rights record which is at odd with his real activities amongst the Sudanese diaspora in his defence.

It is important to draw attention here to the thread started by Al Bander on 30/8/2013 on the widely read Sudanese site ‘Sudaneseonline.com’ after the complaints against him to the Lib-Dems and his protestations of misinterpretation. He continued his threats and attacks against Nahla and her friends and his shameful attempts to use cultural prejudices to label some of Nahla Mahmoud supporters as “queer” and using derogatory homophobic phrases to falsely attack them.

In addition, we call on the Liberal Democratic Party to properly investigate the shameful history of their member Salah Al Bandar in subverting the Sudanese human rights organisations, inside the Sudan and abroad. He succeeded in dismantling these organisations by deliberately spreading lies, harassing human rights defenders both inside Sudan and in the diaspora, damaging their reputation and propagating false allegations about them and their human rights activities.

The Sudanese community in London has been bitterly experiencing the wide damage inflicted by Al Bandar on these organisations. It is also important to bring attention to the fact that Al Bandar was expelled from the ‘Sudan Human Rights Organisation’ (SHRO) (statement in Arabic) and his membership revoked after an investigation committee found out that he was lying and purposefully damaging SHRO’s reputation. Also of note is his dismissal and revocation as the Head of the Board of the ‘Sudanese Organisation Against Torture’ (SOAT) (in Arabic) after he deceitfully took on the role. As a result of his activities, all SOAT’s supporting networks and human rights partners in Sudan were dissolved including the ‘Khartoum Centre for Human Rights and Environmental Development, ’and ‘Al Amal Centre’. (supporting doc. 1 (in Arabic), supporting doc. 2: Part 1/Part 2).

Signatories:

Ali Agab, Lawyer and human rights defender

Amal Jabrallah, former member of the Sudanese Organisation Against Torture (SOAT) and political activist

Amin Alsayid, Member, Open Themes Group

Aziz Kamil, former member of the Sudanese Organisation for Human Rights (SOHR) and human rights activist

Al-Zain Al-Gamri, pro-democracy activist

Mohamed Mahmoud, former member of the Sudanese Organization for Human Rights (SOHR), and Head of the Centre for Critical Studies of Religion

Fidaa Mahmoud, Member, Open Themes Group

Gasim Hassan, former member of the Sudanese Organisation Against Torture (SOAT) and pro- democracy activist

Mohammed Alhassan, pro- democracy activist
أضف رد جديد